With “Community Perspective” as one of its core values, MPFA is dedicated and committed to its corporate social responsibility.
This responsibility is reflected in MPFA’s vigilance in protecting the environment in its day-to-day operations, its visible care for the community, and its keenness to promote the well-being of its staff.
MPFA's CSR Policy Statement
MPFA strives for a sustainable future through building a retirement savings system that is valued by Hong Kong people, and in the process makes responsible and caring efforts towards our staff, the environment and the community, particularly the elderly.
The MPFA embraces the concept of sustainable development and upholds environmental protection principles in its daily operations. Examples of this dedication include, but are not limited to:
- Green procurement: MPFA implements green procurement by purchasing environmentally responsible products and reducing use of one-off disposable items. Used printer cartridges are collected for recycling.
- Energy conservation: timers are installed to switch off office lighting and equipment automatically at night to save energy. Lighting for the general office area is switched off for fixed durations to further conserve energy on regular green days.
The MPFA has established an Environmental Protection Charter
Care for the Community
Through the MPFA Volunteer Team formed in 2006, MPFA supports and facilitates the involvement of its staff and their family members in various community services and charity activities.
Among these services and activities are:
- Community outreach: visiting the elderly and deprived families, as well as organizing parties and outings for students with special needs.
- Charitable contributions: participating in charity marathons to raise funds in support of education for children in mountainous regions of the Mainland, and taking part in flag-selling and other fund-raising activities for charitable organizations.
Care for Our Staff
The MPFA is an equal opportunities employer. Staff are MPFA’s most valuable asset. With the aim of fostering an engaged workforce, MPFA accords high priority to maintaining the competitiveness of its remuneration, providing sufficient training and career development opportunities to its staff, maintaining a congenial working environment and nurturing a culture of sharing and communication. In addition, it offers a wide variety of activities to help staff achieve work-life balance:
- Recreational activities: MPFA regularly organizes, through its Staff Welfare Committee, staff social activities such as bowling competitions, interest classes, day trips to the countryside, staff annual dinner, and more.
- Interest Clubs: staff are welcome to form social groups based on shared interests and to organize group activities for their enjoyment.
- Employee Assistance Programme: counselling services provided by qualified professionals are available to staff in need, helping them cope with stress or emotional issues.
- Lunch seminars: special lectures on physical and mental health-related topics are organized from time to time for the edification of staff.
Occupational Safety and HealthThe MPFA has implemented precautionary measures for the protection of staff’s safety and health at work.
These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Workstation safety: as required by the Occupational Safety and Health legislation, MPFA assesses and re-assesses the risks of workstations to the safety and health of users, as and when necessary.
- Air quality: indoor air quality of MPFA offices is regularly assessed by checking the room temperature, relative humidity, and the levels of common indoor air pollutants, for the welfare of all employees.
The MPFA has established an Occupational Safety and Health Charter