Reporting of Change
Intermediaries must report any relevant change in writing to MPFA within seven working days.
For Principal Intermediaries ("PI"), relevant changes include:
- a PI ceases to carry on any regulated activity;
- a subsidiary intermediary ("SI") ceases to be Responsible Officer ("RO") of PI;
- a change in the addresses or any contact details of PI; or
- the acquisition, suspension or cessation of Type A regulatee qualification.
For Subsidiary Intermediaries ("SI"), relevant changes include:
- a change in the name, address, or any contact details of SI;
- the acquisition, suspension or cessation of Type B regulatee qualification; or
- an SI ceases to be an RO of PI.
Prescribed forms are available for PI and SI to report these changes in the Forms section.
Penalty for Non-compliance
- A PI or SI who fails to report relevant changes commits an offence and may be liable to a fine of up to HK$50,000.
MPF registered intermediaries may view their registration details through the following link:
Principal Intermediary ("PI")
Subsidiary Intermediary ("SI")