Organized annually by MPFA, the Good MPF Employer Award aims to cultivate employers’ responsibility under the law, and give recognition to employers who strive to enhance retirement protection for their employees.
Objectives of the Award:
- To promote and foster employers’ compliance with MPF legislation
- To encourage employers to provide better retirement benefits for their employees
- To recognize employers who are exemplary in enhancing the retirement benefits of their employee
To further promote the Award in the community, the MPFA has invited a number of representative employer associations, labour unions and professional bodies as Supporting Organizations. The MPFA would like to extend its warmest thanks to the following organizations for their generous support (in alphabetical order):
Eligibility and awards
Good MPF Employer Award
This Award is granted on an annual basis, covering the period from 1 April to 31 March of the following year. Employers who fulfil the following criteria can submit an application for the Award:
- At Least One Year’s Participation in an MPF Scheme
- Compliance with Employer’s Statutory Obligations
- Provision of Better Retirement Protection for Employees
Employers are required to have participated in an MPF scheme for at least one year (as at 31 March of the award year).
As a basic requirement, employers must have complied with the relevant requirements under MPF legislation, including enrolling their employees in an MPF scheme and making contributions.
Apart from being compliant with MPF legislation, employers must have taken one or more extra steps towards enhancing the retirement protection of their employees. They must have fulfilled at least one of the following criteria during the year:
- Offered more than one MPF scheme for employees to choose from; or
- Offered MPF voluntary contributions for their employees; or
- Offered their employees other forms of retirement benefits that are related to the MPF System.
To specially commend and give public recognition to employers that have made continuous efforts to further enhance the retirement protection of their employees, employers who fulfil the relevant requirements will be presented with one or more of the following awards:
- Best All-round MPF Employer
- Good MPF Employer 5 Years+
In addition, employers fulfilling the criteria for the Good MPF Employer Award can apply for the following two special awards at the same time:
- e-Contribution Award
- MPF Support Award
The specific assessment criteria are as follows:
1. Best All-round MPF Employer
Employers fulfilling ALL five criteria below during the 2022-23 financial year will be honoured as Best All-round MPF Employer:
(1) Received the Good MPF Employer for nine consecutive years; and
(2) Offered more than one MPF scheme; and
(3) Offered MPF voluntary contributions for selected or all of their employees; and
(4) Received the e-Contribution Award; and
(5) Received the MPF Support Award.
2. Good MPF Employer 5 Years+
Employers being awarded for Good MPF Employer Award for 5 consecutive years or more.
3. e-Contribution Award
Employers must have submitted contribution data or made contribution payments electronically (i.e. by email, via an internet system, or by using the contribution software provided by trustees) for three months or more and will use online methods * to submit application for this year’s award.
* “Online methods” refer to the application submitted through the online application website provided by MPFA or by emailing the electronic form in PDF format, excluding application forms by handwritten, scanned, sent via fax or post.
4. MPF Support Award
Employers must have provided their employees with at least two kinds of support services to help them manage their MPF during the award year. For example, they may have:
- disseminated the latest information about the eMPF Platform;
- organized MPF talks for employees;
- provided employees with information about the MPF scheme (e.g. by posting the MPF scheme’s website, hotline or Fund Fact Sheets etc. on the company or organization’s intranet or notice board);
- disseminated the latest information about the MPF System to employees (e.g. information related to the Default Investment Strategy, Tax Deductible Voluntary Contributions);
- provided assistance to employees on managing their MPF (e.g. consolidating their MPF accounts, transferring their MPF benefits under the Employee Choice Arrangement).
Please read our detailed eligibility and assessment criteria before submitting an application.
Note: Notwithstanding the criteria listed above, the MPFA reserves the right to determine an applicant’s eligibility for the Award. In case of dispute, the decision of the MPFA shall be final.
Using the Award Logo
Awardees are entitled to use the Award logo on their websites and promotional materials for one year (i.e. from 1 October to 30 September of the following year).
Note: An awardee’s use of the Good MPF Employer Award logo in advertisements or promotional materials does not imply that the MPFA endorses the awardee’s products or services.
Listing on the MPFA Website
The awardees’ names will be listed on the MPFA website.
Presentation of an Award Certificate
Awardees will be presented with an Award Certificate.
Selected awardees will be invited for media interviews and to be covered in newspaper supplements or published on websites.
Awardees will be invited to MPFA events and will receive the latest MPFA updates.
Applications for the Good MPF Employer Award 2022-23 are now closed. Details of the Good MPF Employer Award 2023-24 will be announced in due course.
Apr – Jun 2023
Sep - Oct 2023
Usage Period for the Award Logo
Oct 2023 – Sep 2024
Complaint Handling and Delisting
If a complaint is received by the MPFA regarding the Award granted to an individual employer and the complaint is found to be substantiated, the MPFA reserves the right to delist the employer from the awardee list on the website and suspend its right to use the Award logo.
A1: The Award recognizes your company’s efforts to provide better retirement protection for your employees, and projects a good corporate image for your company.
Q2. Is there any submission or processing fee for the Award?
A2: No. Participation is free of charge.
Q3. What are the criteria for the Good MPF Employer Award and the special awards?
A3: Please click here for the detailed eligibility and assessment criteria for the Good MPF Employer Award and the special awards.
Q4. Can I apply for the e-Contribution Award and/or the MPF Support Award alone, without applying for the Good MPF Employer Award?
A4: No. The e-Contribution Award and the MPF Support Award are not standalone awards. Companies/organizations have to fulfil the award criteria of Good MPF Employer Award to be eligible to apply for these two special awards.
Q5. Do we need to submit samples of our promotional materials using the Award logo to the MPFA for prior approval?
A5: No. Please refer to the “Guide For Using the Good MPF Employer Award Logo” for details about the correct use of the logo.
A6: No. Employers can only be nominated by their current employees.
Q7. Can I nominate more than one employer?
A7: Yes you can, as long as you are an employee of each of the employers that you wish to nominate.